"NO FLIGHT CONFIRMATION MARK"

"NO FLIGHT CONFIRMATION MARK"

Beitragvon TALLTREES » 17. Nov 2010, 11:49

Hello again. The enclosed picture of the return flight of the Hindenberg on the "1936 1 N.A.F" (US MAIL) and it shows that there is "NO" SST on the Postcard, i have read that mail on the return flight without the SST was sent by " US SPECIAL SHUTTLE PLANE MAIL", can any member confirm that this Postcard was sent by "SHUTTLE PLANE", even though it has a FRANKFURT (MAIN) arrival stamp (15.5.36.10 ), or could it be becauce the SST was too big for the Postcard ?
Thanks again
TALLTREES.
Dateianhänge
NO-CON.jpg
NO-CON.jpg (133 KiB) 2153-mal betrachtet
TALLTREES

Re: "NO FLIGHT CONFIRMATION MARK"

Beitragvon sobetzki » 16. Dez 2010, 11:37

Hi Talltree, I have seen several items that did not get the special cachet. Nevertheless can you make a copy of the backside please?
sobetzki

Beitragvon TALLTREES » 16. Dez 2010, 21:05

Hello sobetzki. I am sorry that at the moment i can not send a picture of the backside of this postcard, i have just replaced my computer and my old scanner is not compatible to the new computer so i have ordered a new printer, scanner, copier and will send the picture when i have set the scanner up. I can tell you that on the backside of the postcard is a Black & White picture of the Hindenburg hovering low above the ground at Lakehurst N. J., i will send the picture asap.
Thanks again
TALLTREES.
TALLTREES

Beitragvon TALLTREES » 20. Dez 2010, 12:55

Hello sobetzki. Here is a picture of the back of the Postcard.
Dateianhänge
Scan 3.jpg
TALLTREES

Zurück zu Nordamerikafahrten 1936